Gamblers, or game addiction, gambling (from Lat. Homo ludens – man playing) – “pathological gambling, which is frequently repeated episodes of gambling that dominate the life of the subject and leading to a decrease in social, occupational, physical and family values”. According to the International Classification of Diseases Gamblers included in the list of diseases.
Статията разглежда един особено важен социален проблем – развитието на хазарта в Казахстан, и неговата актуалност. Проследяват се накратко както историята на хазартната зависимост, нейните причини, така и фазите и симптомите, които съпътстват феномена. Текстът информира за мястото на хазартната зависимост в Международната класификация на болестите. Коментират се варианти за превенция, социална рехабилитация, приложение на специализирана медицинска грижа. Не на последно място, авторът отправя анонс и към сферата на образованието – хазартът в образователната среда, влиянието му сред обучаемите и ролята на училището в ограничаване на вредните навици сред подрастващите.
In the American classification of mental disorders (DSM-IV, 1994) diagnosis of pathological gambling is put in the presence of five or more items of the following symptoms. The presence of 2 to 4 points is considered as the initial phase of development Gamblers.
- Absorbed with the game, for example, are constantly in my thoughts returned to the past experience of the games, deliberately refuses to play or, on the contrary, anticipating and preparing for the implementation of the next opportunity to play, or is considering a way to get money for this.
- Continues to play with the ever-increasing rise rates to achieve the desired visual sensations.
- Made repeated but unsuccessful efforts to control their addiction to the game, playing less or even stop.
- Show anxiety and irritability when trying to play less or even give up the game.
- Рlays to escape from problems or take dysphoria (eg, feelings of helplessness, guilt, anxiety, depression).
- Returned to the game the next day after a loss to recoup (the thought of losing is haunted).
- Lie family doctor and others to conceal the extent of involvement in the game.
- Commits a criminal offense – such as forgery, fraud, theft, embezzlement in order to provide the tools to participate in the game.
- Jeopardize or even willing to completely break off relations with loved ones, quit work or school, to abandon the career prospects.
- In a situation of lack of money for the game puts the solution to the problems on other people.
Passion for games “hit” about 10% of people in the world. In the Netherlands, on 10 thousand drug addicts now account for 40 thousand Internet-dependent. Depending on the game suffers from about 0.5 to 1.5% of the population in developed countries – especially where legalized gambling business. In this regard, many foreign researchers consider gambling a serious social problem, a threat to the population. The problem is compounded by the fact that during the game, in some cases there are relaxing, relieving emotional stress, distraction from unpleasant problems, and the game is considered as a pastime. And persons involved in the game, relatively often abuse alcohol and other psychoactive substances, that is included in the combined forms of addictive behavior that is dangerous. Computer games and speculative trading in the stock and currency markets, many also equate to gambling, especially due to the availability of such trade over the Internet.
For the “players” are typical of the difficulties of interpersonal relationships, frequent divorce, violation of labor discipline, frequent job changes. On the basis of this mechanism occurs gradually retract and become addicted. However, there is still debate continues – if gambling addiction or more of one of the forms of obsessive-compulsive disorder?